Pet Sitting in your home

I offer a complete professional Pet/House Sitting Services. I have been trusted to provide pet sitting in La Canada since 1994.
I provide the perfect solution for frequent travelers, vacationing families, or unexpected emergencies.

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Why hire a pet sitter?
Professional pet sitters can do a great deal more than merely provide food and water for pets. A good pet sitter will give precious pets individual love, attention and care.


Why leave my pets at home?
Most pets thrive on routine in their own home environment. They feel safer and less likely to become anxious. A good pet  sitter provides a continuation of security and comfort while the pet's family is away. Many veterinarians recommend that pets stay at home when their owners are away so that they maintain their diet and routine. There’s no risk of acquiring diseases or parasites from other animals in a kennel. With familiar sights and smells, separation anxiety is greatly reduced or altogether avoided.

What about my pet's special needs? 
As an in-home pet care specialist I have years of experience providing special attention and medications for sick, injured, mobility challenged and/or senior pets.

Why can't I just get a neighbor kid to feed my dog?
You could. But he/she might forget or lose your key. Getting a professional is the responsible thing to do for your pets and your home. Relatives, friends or neighbors will not be inconvenienced or burdened by the additional responsibilities that would come with caring for your pet and securing your home.

Why chose the Critter Sitter?
Experience – 25 years caring for many types of animals ranging from mice to horses and everything in between.
Knowledge – Direct care of special needs pets including those with diabetes, spinal injuries, congestive heart failure, kidney and renal failure. Expert in administering medications including daily IV solutions.
Professionalism – Clean, organized and dependable providing satisfaction, safety and security.
Best of all, I love my job!

Who comes into my home? 

I do not employ any other people. I am the one clients meet and I am the only one that cares for their home and pets. 

Do you charge extra for holidays?
My rates are the same all year

Do you provide pet boarding services?
I do not run a kennel. I go to the pet's home, where the pet is much more comfortable, happy and relaxed.

Will you provide services outside of your usual area?
Yes, for an additional agreed-upon fee.

Will we sign a contract?
Yes. I always meet new clients ahead of time and fill out a complete contract that details what services will be provided and what they will cost. This also includes getting more information about the pets' veterinary care and emergency contacts.

How long have you been in business?
Professionally Since 1994

How much notice do you require for booking?
The more notice the better. At least two weeks. This is why you need to call, text or email as soon as possible so I can check my availability. Usually I can fit in a drop-by service on short notice, but not always. My availability for overnights/24 Hr. stays is very limited so it is wise to contact me as soon as you know your plans. I have some bookings made a year in advance. 
     
Do you have a back-up plan in case an emergency prevents you from providing service?
In 25 years, I have never had an emergency that prevented me from providing any service. Pets put in my care are always cared for. My contingency plan includes having two in-home pet care specialists on call that can take over for me should an emergency arise.

Are you certified?
Some websites issue pet-sitting certifications after an online test. I think my years of experience, knowledge and love for animals are better qualifications than a so-called "pet-sitter certification." I am trained and certified by the American Red Cross in Animal CPR and first aid.

Are you bonded?
Yes, I am bonded.

Burbank in-home pet sitting.